This truck is something that brings back a whole lot of sweet memories and feelings. like

I am a little girl again and I can feel the ground growling under my feet just enough to make me notice...and then hear the growling rumble of the truck. Right before I saw a yellow delight rolling through the pasture behind my Grandparents house. I would be playing in the yard or eating breakfast and I would drop what I was doing and tear into the house to yell that I was going with Pa! I remember being upside down on the swing set and
spotting his truck, riding my "Big Wheel" on the sidewalk and
spotting his truck, 'working' in the garden and
spotting his truck. I would always jump and wave hoping he'd spot me then tear off to yell my departure. Many times that Yellow Delight had an extra special delight inside. My great grandmother '
Cile'. She was the best, most soft, happiest person in the whole wide world. And she knew all the coolest songs for me to sing with them. Like
Shoo Fly and
Johnny's Little Baby. Money couldn't buy those truck rides in the field. The cows knew that truck and sometimes I'd beg to reach out and touch them. Man. Then I'd want to ride in the back and get scared and those strong arms of my Pa's would lift me back into the cab. Man, what would I give for those arms to be here now or that bosom so beloved to be here. To sit in the floor and play puzzles, eat sweet cornbread muffins or chocolate gravy, or sitting on thier laps
listening for hours to sweet stories.

No wonder I don't dread being old if I can mean so much to someone. And I'd imagine that I'm not the only one. ~