Friday, August 04, 2006

Hurt

This pic is from a graduation a couple of years ago I think.

Wow. I had quite a day. It turned out to be a good day thanks to God's goodness to my family. We won't know the details until later but it all looks on the positive as far as we could tell. RBL.


Tonight I went to see Omaloriann's digs. :) That was fun. Boy does she have the scrapbooks! Really neat stuff. Thanks for showing me, Omaloriann. Then Flo brought me and Ben'e home and they just leavied for Ben'es homestead. Had fun with ya'll gals! I've been up a very long time so I felt pretty silly. Danielle, Cadie loved getting a gift in the mail! Thank you! I was talking to day about Johnny Cash's song Hurt. It holds a lot of meaning for a life lived hard. It is really sad. It says









Johnny Cash
(The Man in Black Comes Around)
Hurt
I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hold
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

[Chorus:]
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here

[Chorus:]
What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know goes away
In the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

If I could start again
A million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

The song carries a lot of emotions. This was one if not the last song he did. The music video was made just before he died. If he could do it again, knowing what he knows...he WOULD find a way.

I have to work tomorrow so nite. Ps. 18:2 ~