Saturday, August 12, 2006

Live like you were dying...

Sometimes. Sometimes I really appreciate my position in life. I know that my life could change in the blink of an eye. I have this friend...She is really special...anyway, she decided that while she was at my house she would help this refugee attemp to salvage what is known as the refugees room. As we were going though this basket thingy of stuff we found a scrabble box with only the letters and directions in it. As you may know by now Vanessa and I were the um...players here. So I ask where the board was and then I remembered.

It got ruined in "The wreck". The one where the (dumb but dead now)dog ran right out in front of my brother and me while we were on our way to school one morning. That insane dog was right there and I had no time do anything. I did slam on my brakes but we hit that dog (it was part or full pit bull) then the dog went up in my wheel area and my right tire went of the road and because of the dog being up in my wheel area I couldn't steer. There was a deep ditch and we flipped on our side/top. We were able to crawl out through the sunroof. Anyway, God was good to us and we didn't even need to go to the E.R. Alas, Doggy daycare was less one delinquent. I still have flashbacks and almost every car I get into I think of the way to get out if we flip etc. But our story could have been much worse...as we went through the stuff tonight I saw my high school graduation tassel, a door thingy, checks, just stuff that had gotten stuck in my car basket after the wreck. And I thought about how different it could have been. It pays to be ready all the time! Blogger won't work so no pics for now.

I heard a friend of mine that has cancer say the other day that it didn't really matter if the treatments worked 'cause he could get killed in a car wreck going home as soon as he got his free bill of health. That is so true. None of us ever really have a promise of tomorrow. My philosophy is "Live like you are dying" like that song.

And remember, sometimes just don't sweat the small stuff. Let the dishes sit while you go read a book with someone or join in that game of monopoly. Go see that tree house (but watch out for poison Ivy) or see just who can ride their bike withOUT training wheels. Call the person you miss the most and tell them "Hi". Tomorrow life could change and you might not can. Remember that little slight that someone deals you will NOT matter in a hundred years...not unless you don't handle it right. Remember that we ALL shall stand before an all mighty God. May we ALL remember that as we go through our days so that we don't strain at a gnat and swallow a camel. ~