Well, this is my very last week that I have before CALHOUN!!! Arg. I had a very short break. I finished 3 classes though this summer. My VERY last math class EVER unless something drastic should happen in my future -like a higher degree or something. :) I had a teacher that is very much obsessed with Moses and the ten commandment and that was great. He is one that I count a friend. I also took Visual Basic and C++. I had the best, most nicest teacher ever for both of those programming classes. Anyway, school is fast upon me. This Saturday is when my mom is having a yardsale. I was going to but (Arg) my fellow yard sellers decided we would scare away all our Saturday customers if we had it Friday too. I have to work EVERY Saturday so I guess all the yard sellers I will get to do will be before 9 am. sigh. After all the work of getting it together and I won't even get the joy of seeing who adopts my stuff. Parting is such...hard work.
Anyway, I got a blessing out of the messages yesterday. I had a situation that really bothered me and I wasn't sure how to handle it. Well, In a yp lesson or during the preaching or both the scripture was read Ps. 37:1-well, the whole thing really but especially -9.
37:7 "Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." Anyway, it helped me so much...just don't fret. Yes, it may still be there but just don't fret. Every time it bothers me, "just don't fret". That is how I've learned to deal with things in life that you have no control over. If you have ever heard "bubbles and bubble gum" from me you may not have known the connotations of it, but it usually means "We can't change it, think about something nice." Phil. 4. That is something that my mom and I concocted when we were going through something. I've learned that once you've just gotten victory over an issue (I don't mean necessarily a battle but just life) it is easy to forget that you had decided to stop hashing it and to start right back at point A. So... as I should start thinking about something that is totally out of my control... I think about Phil. 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. " Anyway, the issue that was bothering me was less of a bother because of the verse in Psalms.
Well, hope the long post isn't to looooooooong. :D II did TRY to upload pics and stuff but blogger is having a cantancerous time, I guess. ~
