Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This ones for the mom...

This ones for the mom's...
AGHHHH!! I read about all this time my friends that are moms are expending on...drummroll please...curriculum. For 1,2,3,4,5, or yes, 6 children. You guys are earning some um...respect. I don't know if I have really thought about what a HUGE gift my mom gave my. If you count 1-12 grade about 17,280 hours extra my Mom chose to spend with Me!!!! That's 17 THOUSAND!! THANK YOU, MOM! Yes, she could have had time to... do whatever and she might have felt more ...relaxed most of the time (no "coordinater meetings and record sheets to keep and NO BOOKS TO PICK OUT) but I am very thankfull for the time that she gave me. Thanks dad too cuz that ended up costing quite a chunk I imagine.
So this ones for the Homeschooling parents...YOU ROCK!!! Amen. I rest my case.
I have sooo many memories of school. My mom always read too us (me n' my bother). She prolly read about 7 thousand of those hours. I have tapes of her reading too us.

We used the Dec. library until they new us by name. Bags of books and books on tapes. Not that we didn't have to learn math and science, Language, Writting, geography etc. We would sit on our porch, tucked in a corner so nobody would think that we were skipping school, doing science and reading history. Mom would send us outside and make us run so many laps around the house or let us swim for p.e. It was a very nice environment. 'Cept for the time we went to that clearing Derek found in the woods to do science...WE came back home covered in deer ticks. LOL!! The way we got to help found the library in Somerville and go to those "adult meetings " and act like we were real decision making somerville "Fathers". :D Cook's museum, the wildlife refuge, girl scouts, d's indian scouts, Burrit museum (where that man always let us ride and drive his HUGE mules), Green Mountain...I wouldn't take anything now for those memories and bonds that were nurtured. The way we'd pack up our school books and head for Grandmother Cile and Pa's for you to make those homeade dumplings and we'd go for rides in the pasture are just memories now but I'm sooooo glad we got to share that with them. Memories and pictures is all that we have from them now. And of course what they taught us.

Wow! 17 THOUSAND, 2 HUNDRED and 80 HOURS EXTRA!!! Thanks, mom! I luby!

It was even better then my new dress... :)

But now you must have not remembered all those records, meetings, and extra 17, 280 hours... 'Cuz you get to do it all again... hopefully I'll get to help you a bunch. :)

You might feel like Granny sometimes... but remember it's way better then a dress. Luby!

We still have imaginations...;)